Holy cacao!!! The season of sweet temptations is upon us… but worry not… indulgence is encouraged!!! Try this delicious beverage for any winter day or night. Its’ guaranteed to warm your soul and cure those holiday chocolate cravings!
And yes… you can have your chocolate and drink it too! 🙂
- 2 cups almond milk or other nut/seed milk like rice, coconut, hemp & etc.
- 1 cup warm distilled water, or additional milk for richer consistency
- 3 1/2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp date syrup or other sweetener of your choice
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a pot and whisk well. Simmer, stirring occasionally until reaches desired temperature.
For those who follow raw diet, heat up gently until warm, but not so hot that you can not dip your finger in it for a few seconds without burning.
Serve chocolate with sliced apples or/and goji berries, especially if you’ll decide to add cinnamon to your drink.