Well… what can I say about this recipe?!…. If you want a restaurant quality meal without leaving your house, look no further!!! This fancy schmancy salad takes minutes to prepare and will make a great impression at your next dinner party.
Since the secret is in the dressing, the greens can be substituted to your liking. Try to use fresh, seasonal ingredients from your local Farmer’s Market, if you can. 🙂
I like to serve this salad along with my Miso-Marinated Shiitake Wraps.
- 3 1/2 cups mixed sprouts (sunflower, pea-shoots, diakon)
- 1/2 cup Red Mizuna
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 Asian cucumber, halved and chopped
- 1 tsp raw or toasted sesame seeds
- Nori strips, for garnish (optional)
- Shredded Red Pepper, for garnish (optional)
- Edible flowers, for garnish (optional)
For The Ginger-Lime Dressing
- 4 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Tamari
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
In a bowl combine all dressing ingredients, whisk well and set a side.
Mix the greens with graded carrot and chopped cucumber. Pour about 4 Tbsp of the dressing, mix and transfer the salad to a serving dish.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and top it with Nori strips, shredded peppers and some edible flowers, if you wish.